Sunday, October 9, 2011

Date Night Around Prague

Even though we've been here for a few years and had several visitors, there are plenty of places we still haven't explored in Prague. So for one of our date nights this summer we went exploring.

The Golden Lane at the Prague Castle has been under construction for the last few years and recently opened again. According to legend this lane was originally inhabited by goldsmiths. The houses are very short so I felt kind of tall walking down this little street.


At this random window in the castle, Brian decided to jump up to see what was inside. I made him do it again so I could take a photo of him. I was laughing so hard when I actually caught him in midair!

A view from the castle overlooking the city.

Along the Vltava river with Charles Bridge in the background.

These statues are in the courtyard outside one of the famous museums; high class here!

As we walked along Charles Bridge we happened upon these cellists. One of the cellos was badly out of tune, according to Brian; I'm tone deaf so I couldn't tell! I told him he should help the kid tune it when they took a break but he didn't want to embarrass the kid.

I took Brian to see the John Lennon wall, since he hadn't been there before. We had to take a picture; láska means love. It was a fun, simple date out in the city.

3 comments:

The Turman's said...

Crazy that there are still places you haven't seen. What a fun date night!

Alli E. said...

Fun! Those little houses were just my size!!

Walt and Eileen said...

We enjoy keeping up with you and your family. Thanks for sharing.
Love, Los Petersen - SanSalvador