So, I make it a habit, or have done until Q got here (more later) to walk around after work, sometimes 1 or 2 metro stops away from my apartment (Novell's apartment) so I can get some exercise and see what's going on around the local Wenceslas Square (or as the locals call it Votts-Lav-Ska Nahm-Yih-Stee - could be mistaken, but I think that's what they call it).
They have some pretty good "hot dog" stands and sell the hot dogs, brauts, fried cheese, and hamburgers. I've had a sampling of each at various times in the past month. I don't love any of it, in fact, it's not that great. The regular hot dog is the most comparable to what I may have eaten in Utah. I like to get something to eat and just kinda stand around.
It's funny because there are lots of tourists hanging around the square and sometimes the Americans are the easiest to spot. They are the husky people just kinda standing around eating hot dogs at the local "hot dog" stands...
...oh wait
...
D'oh!
In this same area, there is a road on both sides of the square and there is this guy with a motorcycle (think Harley or something like a cruiser, a loud cruiser) with this helmet with a mo-hawk on the helmet (I'm sure you've seen these occasionally on I-15) that revs up the hawg and it's loud and just guns it up the square. The best part is that all the car alarms on the parked cars along the street go off. Even better than that, this guy does this probably a few times per day. I've seen him there at least 3 times in the past month.
I know my math for estimating how many times he does this doesn't work out, but I can see this guy sitting around his apartment (probably 1 bedroom, maybe studio) thinking, I'm bored, I'm gonna get on my Hawg and rip up the olde town square. Then he dons his leather and mohawk helmet and rides there and just waits until there are plenty of tourists, then... BAM (or whatever word there may conjure the appropriate image) and he's up the square in like 3 seconds and car alarms are all over... Then he just rides around Prague with a big old smile on his face... thinking "ahhh yeah..."
I can see him do this, because many a time have I sat in my own apartment wishing I had a motorcycle and matching mohawk helmet with which to reek havoc in ye olde town square.
So, I guess I got side-tracked, but there are also a few Lamborghinis that do this as well, only they don't have the same pipes to get the car alarms going, they're just cool cars with wannabes driving (mohawk biker wannabes). I doubt it's the same guy... maybe they are this biker's more fortunate italian cousin.
Ok, now for the Marijuana part (or Mary Jane as I like to call it): I was walking toward this afore mentioned olde town square and I see this pack of hoodlums walking towards the National Museum at the top of the square waving Jamaican flags. At first I though.. wow, who knew there was that large of a contingent of Jamaicans in Prague??? I was surprised, then thought... wait a minute... I was right to think "wait a minute" because as soon as I got a closer look, there were flags with the MJ leaf:
Well, I joined the march because it's a cause I believe in. I walked about 3 minutes until I got lightheaded and started thinking the world was "totally awesome man..." then had to sit down, clear my head and go get a hot dog at one of the local stands.
4 comments:
Nice Bri!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love to read your stories and laugh at you, only because I can just hear you laughing at yourself in my head!!! Love and Miss Ya,
Jena
Brian all this time of being friends and i never knew you felt so strongly about the doobie! Our partys could have been so much more intresting:O)
Do you remember those brownies we would always bring?? well, that is the reason the parties were as good as they were... ;)
oh, good times, hot dogs, and mj.....
Post a Comment