Many of you remember Donny Osmond's song, "The Soldier of Love"... Yeah, you loved it!!!! But I have what I'm now calling the "shoulder" of love. Yes, Donny touched my shoulder two times, once on Friday night and again on Saturday night for the annual pioneer day concert with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir & Orchestra at Temple Square.
You may be wondering how this all played out... or you may NOT be wondering (I don't know what you're thinking). Anywho, I was playing the cello, minding my own business and after one of the numbers by the Osmonds, Donny was walking off stage and patted my shoulder. I was thinking that I'd never wash that shoulder again, but then, that's the shoulder I don't usually wash anyway.
So, I was telling my buddies in the orchestra who were as impressed as I was (and jealous I might ad). So, then it happened again on Saturday night. Wow, the benefits of sitting on the outside of the stand. Lucky Me!!!! I've now named my shoulder the "Shoulder of Love" in honor of Donny's awesome song. This goes along with my biceps which I call "Big Guns".
I thought this was amazing, but it only got better today when Lloyd Newell (voice of the Motab / Music & Spoken Word) also touched the same shoulder and said, "Lookin' Good". I was like, "yeah, I must be looking good!". The shoulder of love. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo with that on my shoulder. Maybe a likeness of Donny as well. How about Donny & Lloyd? That would be awesome.
8 comments:
That just hit my funny bone. Great blog. Loved it, the shoulder of love. Thanks for the evening. It was a great event to see.
And your cello playing was superb. Lookin good.
donny's video is absolutely amazing. and for future viewers, i highly recommend watching/ listening to the video while reading this post. well done, brian. well done. :)
Pretty much laughed so hard I peed my pants!!! Do you think I could touch your shoulder next time we are together?
Confession. When I was young, I absolutely loved that song. I'd wait for it to come on the radio so I could record it onto my tape. Ah, those were the days. Great blog post. Can I come with you when you get your tat?
Meg, no... sorry, I just don't want you to see me cry. Plus I'm leaning more towards the Chinese "Tiny Spicy Chicken" symbol as the tat...
That way, if I ever end up in prison, I won't have Donny Osmond on my shoulder... I only want the memories.
You make us all jealous, not just the guys in the orchestra.
oh yeah? Donny touched my shoulder TOO and we had an actual conversation. so take that, shoulder of love!
if by "actual conversation" you mean you batting your eyelashes and drooling slightly from the corner of your mouth, then yes... you win
;)
Post a Comment