Thursday, September 8, 2011

London Ultimate

It seems as though summers are always packed with something. Last summer was packed with ultimate for me, but this summer I only made it to one tournament, even though I have still been playing (intermittently) with the Czech Women's Ultimate Team. Since the tournament location was London, we opted for me to go by myself and Brian to stay home with the kids.



I flew to London with a few of the other players and took a really long, expensive taxi cab ride to the fields. We camped near the fields; I had to borrow camping gear since we didn't bring any with us to the Czech, and it reminded me how much I miss camping in general.




We had a sunny, windy day of play and a rainy, windy day of play. Since this was London, I consider that good luck that both days weren't rainy! We played pretty well, but lost a key game that put us in the loser bracket. We did, however, manage to stay at the top of the loser bracket.



We also enjoyed a great Indian food restaurant in Putney. I love playing ultimate and tournaments are the best part, but I'd have to say that I really enjoyed being the native language speaker for a few days, shopping at a Walmart-type store and getting a little break from the kiddos as much as I enjoyed the ultimate! Thanks Brian for the little sanity trip!


4 comments:

the kings said...

q - this is so cool! What a fun little trip for you! :)

Book Girl said...

Good for you! Glad you got to be the native speaker for a change. Kudos to Brian - Miss You!

Spencer and Shalynn said...

Sounds so fun! Everyone needs those sanity trips now and then. :)

Alli said...

Yes, good for you! its nice to get away by yourself every once in a while.