While my friend was still visiting we took a day trip to a nearby town called Kutna Hora. It is well known for a few things, one of which is a "bone church". The simplified version of the story goes something like this: A priest made a trip to the Holy Land, brought back a handful of dirt, sprinkled it on this site and then everyone wanted to be buried there. Eventually bones were piled everywhere, and they started making decorations out of them! The bones of over 40,000 people are used in that church! Creepy & cool at the same time!









Tour Guide Again
I love it when people come to visit because I get to be the tour guide and I can also pretend I'm a tourist on vacation! This means seeing new places, eating lots of gelato and pastries, etc. This past week I had a friend from Utah visit. We went up in the Tower of Babies (see previous post from this month) to a lookout. This is the highest lookout point in Prague and it provides a great view.

We went to see the Krizik Fountain which is a fountain set to music and lights. In the summertime it also has ballet and symphony performances.



Fall Leaves at Vysehrad





Star Royal Summer Palace
During September I talked a friend into going on an "adventure" with Rebecca & I. I like to hop on a tram a just see where it goes. I had been out near this area to play ultimate during the summer, but I wanted to do some more exploring. In the middle of a fenced, wooded area is this building called the Star Royal Summer Palace (it is in the shape of a star) which I believe houses literary works and dates from the 1500s. I've yet to see the inside of it though.

Becca doing a little exploring of her own








5 comments:
Looks like the kids had fun in the leaves, what cute pictures!!
You are so adventerous! And you're widening our horizons by blogging where your adventures take you. We're learning a lot about The Czech Republic. Thanks.
And your kids will have such great memories of your time away from the USA.
Love, Los Petersen - Walt & Eileen - Burley
You're making me wonder why we don't pack up a move there ourselves. What a fun place to explore. My kids would have loved the bone church...would have fit our Halloween theme nicely this year. Very creepy, but very cool!!
loved the pictures of your day trips. what a view and gorgeous castles. thanks for taking lots of photos and blogging them.
creepy and cool, totally appropriate. Great to see you guys living it up there!
Post a Comment