A Hobbit's Tale
By
Brian Baggins
Just kidding, I'm not a hobbit. I'm more like a cave troll. And, I won't be back for a while.
Yes, I watched some Lord of the Rings on the flight over to Prague. I didn't make it through the entire trilogy, but did watch The Return of the King. The movie on the way over was Yes Man. So, I too have decided to say Yes to everything. (Remember, I'm not in charge of any of the family money, so you'll have to run any requests for money by Q... I'll say yes, but Q probably won't).
Anywho... I made it to Prague. My biggest worry was having to haul 4 bags through customs and anywhere else, but it ended up being a non-issue. My second biggest worry was having to sit next to someone and either them not smelling good or me not smelling good. My body spray titled "Really Ripped Abs" was more than 3 oz so I couldn't take it on the plane.
I ended up flying first class from SLC to Chicago because the extra allowance of 70 lbs instead of just 50 lbs for first class made the upgrade to first class more economical since I would pay that one time in SLC for the upgrade and have my overweight bags make it all the way over to Prague.
The next leg of the flight was from Chicago to Warsaw Poland on LOT Airlines.
I don't believe this was the actual plane I was on (image courtesy of Google Images and whoever took this photo).Here's what the plane looked like from Warsaw to Prague:

I had my passport stamped in Warsaw and went through customs there. I didn't have to haul my 4 bags through either, so that was nice. Then the flight from Warsaw to Prague was also uneventful. If I was a beer drinker both the Polish flights would have been more enjoyable. Apparently beer on those flights is way more popular than pop and free. I couldn't tell if it was non-alcoholic, but somehow I doubt it. The pilots were drinking too and doing the polka with the stewardesses up and down the isles. Then there was some turbulence and they returned to their stations.
So, I'm thinking of bearing my testimony in Church on Sunday since I have such a good travel log. What do you think?
Today I need to change some cash and also thinking of getting my month pass for the transit. Interestingly enough, I'm in the hotel lobby right now and they are playing ABBA in the background. And, yes, someone did just sit down and started smoking. Welcome to Europe!
5 comments:
Glad you made it!!! I think you have some great info for testimony meeting. you may want to e-mail a copy to Q so she could read it in her meeting also!(double blessings)
Those plains remind me of lg lawn mowers. No grass?
Loved reading the blog. Glad you survived the flights. Nothing like first class. We should all travel that way. I think its not F&T meeting Sun unless you attend the Greek Orthodox. Good luck.
So happy to know you're still alive! :)
Can't wait to read more blogs posted from the Czech. I'm sure you'll have quite a few more interesting experiences coming up.
Love you!
Glad you made it safe and sound! We are anxiously awaiting more news from Europe. We miss you guys already!
Phat Bri,
Where can I pick up some of that body spray? Your posts crack me up.
Casey
Post a Comment