It's a bit on the small side and I expect that most apartments are going to be like this. It's just a good thing we like each other so much (and a good thing I have work 5 days per week) ((just kidding Q)).
I heard someone say that it isn't that the apartments are small, it's that everything in the USA is huge. So, I guess the cup is half full... or empty, only time will tell until I get thirsty.
Ok, I'm back from the pub. I was thirsty! (in case you couldn't tell I was kidding), but seriously, all you ultimate players, Prague / Czech Republic does have some amazing beer so I've been told. So come on over!!! World Ultimate Tourney 2010!
Now, the title of the post was Grocery Shopping, so I shall now elaborate: The cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow to the apartment to clean it up, but they don't bring their own cleaning supplies. I can't even think what they'd use if I didn't get supplies... hmmm... glad I got immunized before I left. But seriously, I guess it's because they want me to choose what kind of smells I would like and what, if any, cleaning supplies I personally prefer. As you all know, I'm a connoisseur of fine cleaning supplies.
I have no idea as I also have no real cleaning supply preference as long as it is relatively disinfected and smells clean, but I knew if I didn't get anything, it would not be good. So, I went to the local Tesco which is a grocery / department store in EU (I believe originally from UK). I got on the tram, went in the wrong direction and figured that even if I did, I could always get off at the next stop and turn around.
Lo and behold, I did get on the wrong tram and ended up at a really cool cathedral in the middle of town.

And, the best part, there was a little ice cream stand right across the street. Now, mind you, this was not Gelato (Domo Origato Yo Quiero Gelato), but it was still pretty good, at least Cam and Jess would have loved it!
Then instead of getting back on the tram, I headed for the Tesco on the foot because it was downhill. I pass through one park (sorry Q, not a kid-friendly park, just a regular park) and finally made it to Tesco.
They were out of spinach (it apparently isn't sold in bags, just a big box and people pick through or grab handfuls into a bag, so caveat emptor. I didn't get any Czech bread as there weren't any fresh rolls there, so I think you need to get to the Tesco earlier to get those items. I did get some bananas and Nutella, so I should be good for the week.
I kinda wished it was called "Gnutella" with the silent G, that would be Gawesome!
Ok, so future posts I promise will include video and more pics. The cameras are still buried, but that's what I'll be doing tonight is unpacking, so until then, I'm going with Lafawnduh to get some prime rib. Peace Out.
4 comments:
So what cleaning supplies did you get? Enjoy your bachelor life with gnutella and chocolate milk while you can! Scratch that, you were supposed to be starting a new life of eating, remember!
i'm so happy to hear that they have a tesco in prague!! do they have billa and spar also? i miss tescos. and yes. it is from the UK. none of those in austria. :( love you! and miss you!
Cleaning supplies are about the same in every country, so good luck. Hope work goes well. Good gnight.
love hearing about your new adventures, keep it up!
Post a Comment