Q convinced me about 1 month ago or so to do the Heber Valley Century ride. I kept thinking as I was riding how it probably would hurt a lot less had I trained. But that would go against my current self-image which doesn't train for anything.
Surprisingly enough, the only part of me that is in any sort of pain is my sunburn. My leg muscles hurt or are sore a bit when I walk up stairs, but overall, surprisingly little pain. Q doesn't seem affected by it, nor do her sisters who also rode (Jena & Nat) and my bro Nate did just fine (had to rush back to see his girlfriend, so we couldn't draft off him and he beat us back by 1 hour 20 minutes or so... )
But the race was amazing. The hills were covered with the changing leaves and the weather was just about perfect. Very little wind and the day was mostly sunny with the occasional cloud cover to bring some relief.
Other honorable mentions on the ride were our good friends Mike Ruffell and Josh Brown (of the Brown Blog fame). They dominated the ride and may as well have taken the whole ride home with them because they owned it.
I only have one other century to compare this one with and that was the MS 150 that Q and I did last summer in Logan. It was much hotter then and I think we rode a bit harder. So, this one I actually felt a lot better.
I was thinking of doing some awesome parallel on how this ride was like some adventure in Middle Earth and how that hill above Jordanelle was like "Mt. Doom", but then I thought that was kind of dumb and I didn't want to be any more of a nerd than I already am... or I just lacked creative thinking and started writing.
So, your "dumb" joke of the day (courtesy of Whitley Beard):
Q: What did the fish say when he swam into the cement wall?
A: "Dam"
Q: What did that fish's friend say?
A: "Dumb Bass"
Anyway, good times this past weekend. We were happy to be able to see a lot of you at Q's grandma's funeral and also a few of you at the ride. For those of you who want a long ride so you can say you did it... this Heber Valley Century ride is a thumbs up. Great ride, good times. Put it on your calendar for next year.
Ok, one more dumb joke since you asked...
Q: You know how ducks always fly in a V formation? and how one side is longer?
Q: Do you know why that is?
A: Because there are more ducks on the longer side. (Also courtesy of Whitley Beard)
Hasta Luego
1 comment:
Glad you survived the ride! I really think next year you should do it in thongs! J/K flip flops:O)
I was good to see you guys. As always Q is truly my hero!!!
Post a Comment