Friday, February 8, 2013

Move to Utah via New York City

Yes, we did move to Utah nearly six months ago and yes, I am just barely getting around to my blog again! It seems that I'm not the only person that has fallen off the blogging wagon or taken up other internet pursuits like Pinterest (but that's not my excuse). I've just been busy, lazy and interested in doing other things. ;)  I also realize that I don't like the formatting changes with Blogger; it makes blogging more complicated and frustrating to me. Not good! That means I'll be less likely to keep blogging! Alas, I don't do this mainly for the readership or followers, but for my own sort of family history because I'm opposed to journal writing the typical way and I don't do scrapbooks anymore. So here we go on the last six months, hope you enjoy!

As we were moving from Prague back to Utah, our flight was going through New York City, so we took the chance to see the city that never sleeps. It was a wonderful, activity packed five days. I'm really glad we got to see it all before the hurricane!

We rode the subway, rode in crazy taxis and walked the streets. We found street dancers, playgrounds tucked into the corners of the city and some fun candy shops.








We visited the 9/11 Memorial, the National Museum of History, Central Park and "Grand Central Station".














We got a nice view of New Jersey across the harbor, New York City from the top of the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty from Ellis Island.










We took in a New York Yankees game and a Broadway show.





Then it was back to the airport with souvenir t-shirts to complete the journey back home to Utah.


No comments: