I often wonder about my own childhood, in comparison to that of my children. For example, was I the same age when I learned how to tie my shoelaces, and when did I go from using the "bunny ears" method to the "normal" way of tying them? It seems like I have nearly always known how to do this simple, yet complicated thing! Have I been slacking in my parental duty of teaching my children how to tie their shoelaces? Or am I just too impatient to wait each morning while they slowly get it done? Or perhaps, I simply refuse to listen to the whining about tying shoelaces and have been buying velcro or elastic tie shoes since early childhood. Probably all of these reasons!
Well, I finally realized, now that Cameron has a new pair of tie shoes, that it is high time for him to learn the faster, normal way of tying his shoelaces (that patience thing again). Here he is demonstrating his newly accomplished skill: shoelace tying.
3 comments:
i love your post. i think i have had that exact conversation with myself along the way. i always determine that i'm quite confident my children won't grow up to go to college or on misions not knowing how to tie their shoes. so, i put that on the "let's not stress about things we don't need to stress about" list. good job cameron!!! miss you guys!
Nice job Cam!!!!!!!!
Hmmm, is it bad that we don't buy shoes on purpose because they have laces? Modern technology is suppose to improve out standard of living right? At any rate - great job Cam!
Post a Comment