
At the lock bridge where it is supposed that couples getting married put a lock and throw the key in the river to symbolize their hearts being locked to one another.

John Lennon wall behind Becca; my camera battery died so I was unable to get a better photo! This wall was an "ad hoc shrine" to Lennon following his death. After a long battle the graffiti on this wall has now been legalized.

Rebecca displaying her skills on her balance toddler bike; notice the little steps on each side of the frame that she rests her feet on once she gets going.



This winter included another season of Upward basketball, and this time Jessica played too. Jess is naturally athletic and has just the right amount of "spitfire" to make a good ball player! Rebecca spent lots of time in the corner of the gym dribbling the ball; she's a natural too. The kids enjoyed playing basketball as well as the chance to see many of their friends outside of school.
Cam shooting; I love how everyone is completely still, watching the ball.

Brian got the chance to volunteer as assistant-coach (much to his dismay because it took up his precious Saturday time)!

I missed Jessica's final game & awards ceremony, but these are a few photos of her from earlier in the season.

Rebecca is my great helper around the house. Here you can see how she likes to organize the hangers in the laundry room for me. Hopefully her OCD won't be as bad as mine!


Jessica's hair is getting longer finally and she was so excited when she found out I could braid hair! She has never wanted anything in her hair or anything done to her hair; it is a challenge just to comb it each day. So this is a huge milestone for her; she sat still and didn't complain (much) while I pulled and tugged on her hair to braid it!


Cam & Jess both continue to take piano lessons, under the tutelage of Master Brian. Piano practicing goes along quite well until each Monday afternoon when it is time for Jessica to try her new songs, at which point you would think the world was ending! Once she finally gets past this initial hurdle, I think she enjoys the music. Cameron doesn't complain about practice, anymore, and it appears he really feels the music (see his video below). If he's not grooving, then he's at least singing, and he's got my "excellent sense of pitch"!
Rebecca also likes to sing, so I've been trying to capture her songs on video lately. She is a delight to be around (when she's had enough sleep) because she's usually singing as we go walking/strolling/biking around the city and even on public transportation. I catch people smiling at her all the time!






7 comments:
It is so fun to see the kids doing all there activities! Cam's fingers really fly on that piano!
Becca is doig so well on her balance bike and Jessica looks like she is a great basketball player, I love the jump shot! I can't believe how big they are all getting. Sure do love you all and can't wait to see you!
so fun to see the kids! it makes me miss you all the more though. hope you get to see the sun more in march!
So fun! Thanks for updating! Miss you all!
It made my day to see the grandkids and the fun they are having. Love you all and miss you. Give a hug from Grandma A.
Wow - your kid have changed so much! Thanks for the post - it is good to see them in action! Miss you all.
Q! The kids are so big! I LOVED seeing what you all have been up to. I had no idea Brian had such great dancing skills:) The kids on the piano were adorable! Thanks for the update!
Rebecca is getting so big!! Cute kiddos & activities!!
Post a Comment