Jessica's class did a puppet show "The Little Red Hen" at the end of the year. She got to be the narrator because she was the best reader in the class! She didn't get nervous at all; she has come a long way this year with being up in front of people (adults & strangers). Through the past year she has also given 3 talks in Primary, the first 2 were through sobbing wet eyes, and the last was completely tear free! I also signed her up for the basketball camp (see later in the post for pictures) against her request because she was nervous about it, but she got past the initial nervousness and absolutely loved it.
Jess narrating "The Little Red Hen" puppet show

Right after school was out for the year, we headed to the Netherlands for an extended weekend so I could play in another ultimate tournament. We did manage to do a little site-seeing while there.
Den Haag Temple





Windmill Windup Tournament, Amsterdam
Once we returned from our trip, we celebrated Cam's 9th birthday! We went to see "Toy Story 3" for his birthday activity. I laughed and cried, the kids even said they almost cried, but we all loved it!Radio controlled helicopter like Dad



I signed both of the kids up for the Upward Basketball Camp this year. A team of volunteers comes from the US to put the camp on. The kids really enjoyed it and improved their skills too. Becca & I watched each day, and of course Becca wanted to be like the big kids so she played with the basketballs and cones. She was quite the trooper that week.









The Czech Republic is quite the outdoor activity mecca and we had the chance to see a few races this month. The first was a bike race at the Prague Castle where the bikers ride loops down a very long set of stairs, then back up the little winding street to the castle. It was pretty cool to watch. The second race was the World Cup of kayaking held in Prague this year in an area called Troja. Some day I want to have my own kayak!
















7 comments:
cam's summer cut is back. love the summer buzz. only kimble would go for that this year. fun pictures of the kids at their basketball camp. they are getting so pro at the basketball thing.
jess- way to be the best reader! i can't wait to hear you read in a few weeks. happy birthday cameron! sorry- one comment was just not enough. :)
I've just decided...I want to come spend summer with you guys! Such fun stuff!!
By the way...we can't wait to see you either! I've read your email...haven't taken the time to respond. We'll SO be there the 8th!! Let us know what we need to bring/help with.
Sounds super exciting. Way to go Jessica on your reading! Happy Birthday Cameron-I can't believe you are 9! Crazy!!!
first of all happy birthday to cam!! i love that kid.
Way to go Jess on the reading:) She is so stinkin smart!
Becca is so big and I HEART her hair
Q! Your hair is so LONG!!!
Brian you look exactly the same:)
Cant wait to see you all soon!
These pictures are great! The stair-step kids in front of the windmill is fabulous. And ITA, Jess has come a long way in her confidence in front of people. I was so impressed with her last talk in primary. xoxo
Looks like you have been up to a lot of fun. Can't wait to see you all, the kids are getting so big!
Post a Comment